Hide Inactive vendors/customers/items

Dear expects

I looking for a setup in Navision 6.0 - so we hide vendors/customers/items that are no longer usable for us.

However we can’t delete those as there is a history - but we do have very very many inactive “past” mater data, which make some view very bad for the end client.

Maybe an hie/archive function - I’m not aware of any standard options.

Thanks for helping.

There isn’t a standard way to “hide” the inactive records but you could filter them out from a list by some sort of attribute (existing fields or add a status field). You should also block them to prevent them from being used. You could use this as a filter, however I would also ensure that you have a way to see them in the event that you want to “reactivate” them.

Mark them all Blocked in their respective Cards. For Items it’s a checkmark, for Vendors/Customers there are options, you may wish to select the most restrictive All.

Then, in Lists set a filter to exclude Blocked entities. However, you’ll need a 5min help from a developer to make this filtering semi-permanent, without that you’ll need to apply this filter manually again every time you open the List.

I wouldn’t use “Blocked” for that task as the option is blocked for other options then. If you are able to develop or if you use a developer I would suggest as follows: Add a new field ‘Active/Inactive’ to each of the tables. Set a table filter on ‘Active’ in the main card and in other forms you may use (e.g. Sales/Purchase order etc.) Create a new “Master” card for each of the filtered tables without the filters as described above in order to have the chance to change the status of the records. We have used that to filter 40k+ customers in direct and indirect customers in the past. Cheers André

Errr, what is wrong with the format! Next try: I wouldn’t use “Blocked” for that task as the option is blocked for other options then. If you are able to develop or if you use a developer I would suggest as follows: Add a new field ‘Active/Inactive’ to each of the tables. Set a table filter on ‘Active’ in the main card and in other forms you may use (e.g. Sales/Purchase order etc.) Create a new “Master” card for each of the filtered tables without the filters as described above in order to have the chance to change the status of the records. We have used that to filter 40k+ customers in direct and indirect customers in the past. Cheers André

The blocked field is also working same way .Just give a try and then think of customization.

Thanks to your all expects.

We are not happy to modify Navision with fields etc. as upgrading getting being harder, we plan to move to 70 within 1 or 2 years. We just upgradede from 3.51 and that was made nearly impossible because of modifications - and we saw to many errors in data and functions.

However - reading your posts - I’m wondering if archive . maybe into another database would make the trick?

Hej Jan,

I would also say that Blocked would work just fine. It’s available in all three tables and if you’re using the RTC client, then you can even do the “customization” your self, by using the “Advanced Filters” and “Save-view-as” functionality. And don’t worry, this is not really a modifications, it’s just a change of the default view. You would still have your main list with all records, but the view would be displayed as a sublist (same was as you will see for Sales orders - here you have a subview for “Shipped not Invoiced”, “Ready to Ship” etc.

These customizations are done personal per users, or for Role Center owners for everyone within the same Role Center.