hi email to be triggered when a sales invoice is invoiced

Hi I have a requirement that when a salesorder is invoiced a e mail should be triggered stating that a partucular order has been invoiced so i believe i need to add a new field as string in some where and we will have button some where or autiomically code will be triggered to send email.

please let me know some steps to follow to make it happen…

What’s your version of AX? (Please always attach a tag with the AX version.)

AX 2012 6.2.158.0

You can send the report directly to e-mail - see Print or email a report [AX 2012]. Note that the configuration of recipients with tokens were added in CU7.

I want to do it through code if possible as it is doing it for my own purpose …

What’s the part of code you need help with?

where should i write the code for email and how to map it with so that when it gets invoiced we genearte a email.

if(order is invoiced)

{

//send e mail

}

The placement depends on when you want to send the e-mail. SalesInvoiceJournalPost class is one of possible places.

Hi Martin,

I too have a similar requirement to send the report as email with pdf automatically to vendor as soon as a PO is confirmed.

Any idea on where the trigger needs to be set.

The main problem with my case is that I dont have outlook installed ,but i do have Lotus Notes(IBM) installed .Any idea does AX supports mailing through lotus notes.

Regards,

Vikas (mehtavikas99@gmail.com)

Hi Rohit,

I too have a similar requirement to send the report as email with pdf automatically to vendor as soon as a PO is confirmed.

Any idea on where the trigger needs to be set.

The main problem with my case is that I dont have outlook installed ,but i do have Lotus Notes(IBM) installed .Any idea does AX supports mailing through lotus notes.

Regards,

Vikas (mehtavikas99@gmail.com)

Hi Vikas, if have a question about Lotus Notes, you should create a question about Lotus Notes instead of adding it to a thread about sales invoices.

You should also learn first how to use Lotus Notes from other applications in general - then we can discuss any specifics of the integration with Dynamics AX.