grid display method troubles

Hi,

So i am trying to write a display method in the InventOnHand form method node (I know it should be in a table method node…) to grab a field from InventSum and then two fields from InventDim. The display then finds the record in a custom table that requires the three fields.

This is partially working and grabbing a valid record, but that same row is displaying for all rows even when the field values i need has a different value. When I click on a row it will refresh with the correct results but random mouse clicking in the grid or outside the grid can reset rows/change them back to display the original row (again for all the rows).

Any ideas? Your help is much appreciated.

Bob

Hi, You can write display method in table level as you ve inventdimid in inventsum table. You can pass these three fields to custom table method to find a particular record in that custom table and return it in inventonhand form. Regards, Kuppusamy S

Hi,

When writing display method in form,

The display method should be in data source method node not in form method node.

The data source should be passed as parameter to the display method. for ex. display str test(Table table). table is the datasource name.

and in InventOnHand form, the records are displayed by grouping on some fields(site, warehouse, location). So values of some fields may not be available

-Arun

Hi arun,

What is the mean of this below one

“The display method should be in data source method node not in form method node.”

Hi,

The ‘methods’ node will be under both form and form data source. display method should be under the ‘methods’ under form data source

-Arun

Hi all,

Thanks for you time and suggestions. This was exactly what I was looking for:

http://daxmusings.codecrib.com/2011/10/forum-advanced-display-method-querying.html

It’s a very well done post. Thanks again to those who replied and offered their time to help.

Bob