Goodbye Attain - Hello Navision

At this weeks conference, called Stampede and took place Minneapolis, Microsoft Business Solutions announced the rebranding of their products. Microsofts plan regarding their rebranding of accounting and enterprise products will result in combining Dynamics and eEnterprise into a single product called Great Plains and rebranding Attain as Navision. Microsoft remaining accounting enterprise product lines are Axapta, Solomon and Small Business Manager. Sources include http://www.electronicaccountant.com

More importantly they announced a mutual codebase for all MBS products in 5 years (or so)

I don’t think that they actually mentioned a time frame for this, but you guess is as good as anyone elses… But I’ve heard strong rumours that the Navision next generation team is a very strong player in that game!! [:)]

quote:

But I’ve heard strong rumours that the Navision next generation team is a very strong player in that game!!

this is an excellent news in my opinion, because from the technology standpoint Navision has always been an excellent software and it would be a pity not to make use of this experience and professionality. On the other hand, this might also ensure that new product releases do not follow the same “Microsoft new release fame” that the first producto release is not redommended and that it is necessary to wait for the second service pack before a new product becomes stable and usable. [:p] Saludos Nils

I received a ‘Welcome to Microsoft’ mailer this morning as an owner of Attain Navision. I must admit that enjoyed completing their ‘5-minute’ survey at http://www.microsoft.com/respond/navision Of course it actually took longer than 5 minutes to voice my opinions … I share this site, so you can share your opinions! -John [:p]

John, walking through that survey showed me more of customer sensetiveness than I ever saw from Navision before. They might be serious. Pelle

Very interesting indeed yes… [:)]

Dear Nils Michaelis Even i did not use the new version only by this reason that let others test the software and i was sure that some hotfix will be released very soon