General Ledger entry connecting to Item

Hi,

When I have general entry no. then is it somehow possible to find out to which item it’s related to?

best regards,

Risto

How about using the Navigate function, this will tell you all other entries that the G/L Entry is related to. And that will eventually also include value entries and hereby item ledger entries, which will lead you to the item.

I’m trying to make SQL query, do you know which tabels should I connect to get result with columns: General ledger entry no. | Item no. | Quantity ?

Hi Risto,

Well if you look into how the Navigate function finds it’s relations, then you will find the answer to your question. [:)]

But I can say so much that you have to go from the G/L Entry to the Value Entry to the Item Ledger Entry table.

The table you are looking for is 5823 “G/L - Item Ledger Relation”.

That table holds the Connection between the value entries and the g/l entries generated for a value entry and vice versa.

Thanks Thomas, I had never seen this table before! [:)] Makes it a lot easier!

This table is a kind of new, (not sure when introduced), but you come across that when you are on a G/L entry, click the entry button and show value entries.

Thank you both for taking your time to help! 5823 “G/L - Item Ledger Relation” table works perfectly! [:)]