Form Toolbar disabled on AX startup

Hi,

I have written some code in Class->Info->StartupPost() to open form. I can open the form successfully but the form whole toolbar control is disabled. I have tried it with multiple forms(i.e. custtable, salestable etc) but the same thing (toolbar is disabled) is happened.

I think at this point (Class->Info->StartupPost()) the toolbar is not yet initiated.

can anyone help me out to this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

/Ashlesh

Hi,

One more hint to get it works.

While my form is popup at startup, the whole toolbar is disabled but the menu(File, Edit, Tools, Command etc) is enabled !!!

Any help?

Regards,

/Ashlesh

Hi,

Kranthi, are you aware about this issue? can you please know me the actual place where can i get the toolbar initiated?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

/Ashlesh

I think you were using Args and FormRun to open a form.

Try by using menuFuntion

new MenuFunction(menuitemdisplaystr(CustTable), MenuItemType::Display).run();

Hi kranthi,

Thanks for your reply.

I think your suggestion suitable for me but i want a MODAL form. I actually have a input form which have 3 input fields (e.g. login form), so the control should be on this form while user exists from the form.

Using menufunction the form opens perfectly but the control not stays there and starts the AX completely. I think that is why i have used “formRun.wait();” to work my form as MODAL dialog. Any suggestion for modal dialog using menufunction?

Kranthi, your suggestions are always helpful to me.

Thanks again.

Regards,

/Ashlesh

Hi,

It also has menufunc.wait(); but it also not worked for me kranthi.

The same result the toolbar control is disabled yet.

I think i have written my code at the wrong location (i.e. AOT->Classes->info->startuppost()).

Any suggestion for the location to write the code while AX starts.

Thanks & Regards,

/Ashlesh

Hi,

I found the solution.

I have written my logic in “Info->workspaceWindowCreated()”. It works fine.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

/Ashlesh

FYI.[:)]

This method will be called not only when you open ax directly but also when you open a new work space (Ctrl + w)

So if you are developing some thing like login form as you mentioned - it will get also triggered when you open a new work space.

Hi Kranthi,

Thanks for the info. Its really a helpful one specifically to my particular case.

Regards,

/Ashlesh