form customization: field should not update on again.

Hi all,

Please tell me that how can we keep a paticular field not editable more than one time.

for example-

there is a field finance location which filled on the bases of “Dimension” field . and when i select the customer on that form than the field updated with the value that is on the customer master’s Dimension

but i don’t want to update that field again…

what should i do?

Ragards

Vijay Parashar

Hi vijay,

You must run your query in such a way that even when u select the customer on that form, it (i.e, field finnace location) should get populate or update with the same value which filled on the basis of ‘dimension field’.

Basically when you dont want your field to get updated based on some other selecion of field then just debug and find out where exactly its filling that value. so by this you can prevent it by getting updated.

Hi,

"when i select the customer on that form than the field updated with the value that is on the customer master’s Dimension"

if you are writing at table level check

if(this.orig().customer)
{
Dont update…
}
else
{
update…
}

hi vijay,

u are saying that… there is a field finance location which filled on the bases of “Dimension” field . and when i select the customer on that form than the field updated with the value that is on the customer master’s Dimension…

by default the value is populated from the customer master’s Dimension right…

so do onething… just go to the table where field finance location is there

and change the allow edit on create, allow edit properties to NO… for that field…

i thik this will solve ur issue…