FlowField...

Helo! Can anyone help me explain this FlowField CalcFormula? I have to somehow transform it into an SQL query but i’m not exactly sure how this formula works. Sum(“Detailed Cust. Ledg. Entry”.“Amount (LCY)” WHERE (Cust. Ledger Entry No.=FIELD(Entry No.),Entry Type=FILTER(Initial Entry),Posting Date=FIELD(Date Filter))) Thnx, lp Prosen

In SQL terms, FlowFields in Navision represent the join between tables. In order to replicate the function of the above flow field in SQL: Select Sum([Amount (LCY)] FROM [Detailed Cust. Ledg. Entry] INNER JOIN [Cust. Ledg. Entry] ON [Detailed Cust. Ledg. Entry].[Entry No.] = [Cust. Ledg. Entry].[Entry No.] WHERE [Detailed Cust. Ledg. Entry].[Entry Type] = “Initial Entry” This would provide you with the SUM of that field without the flow filter function of Posting Date, The flow field and flow filters are Navision specific functions, using SIFT Tables, that are not visible in the SQL Objects outside Navision. In order to fully duplicate this flow field, you would almost have to build a view based on the above SQL statement, then call that view in another statement, with additional WHERE clause(s) to set the desired date range

Thank You Devin! You helped me alot! lp prosen