Fiscal Year Closing AX 2012

Hi All,

Facing some issues in Fiscal Year Closing AX 2012 referred to few blogs and User Manuals but could’nt conclude on any as there is much dipendency on Posting Defitions. If posting defitions are to be used in closing the Fiscal year what are the setups to be done??? tried from My end in creating, but no result.

As in 2009 We have Account for transfer of Year - end - result, which is missing in 2012. Is there any alternative for transfering the opening balance to a particular ledger account.

And to notice - is public sector key a mandate one… are there any dependencies with this, cos if we uninstall this we get a similar form like in 2009 for transfering opening balances. Currently using Feature Pack

Kindly Address on this. TQ in advance

Hi Shreedhar,

I am not sure but posting definition is not something mandatory. I have run year closing posting definition. As per technet, posting definition can be used as an alternative to posting profile.

Transfer year end result is there is AX 2012 also. You can define it in account for account for automatic posting in GL setup or even when you run transfer opening balance batch job, you can define there. Just think, can we close year w/o this account.

Public sector is not mandatory. Check the license configuration… there we can enable or disable public sector key.

Pranav…

Hi

This is the first time i am closing the financial year in 2012, it is almost the same as what we have in the 2009. But the transfer the amount in 2009 we have three column result, balance and capital, which are editable and we can put the difference amount in balance column and post the closing sheet but in 2012 these columns are there but not editable. So my question here is how can i transfer the amount. As on the top of the form i saw there is transfer button which open the form, in which we have four column, ledger account, description , offset account and amount.

If we are transferring from here then what should be the data in the fields eg ledger account 123456, difference is 1000.

please advise

thanks

Just now i try to close the financial year and did not prepare the closing sheet, directly close from the “opening transaction” form and it get closed. By doing so i came to know about that closing sheet is not required for the closing purpose.

And what i understand is, closing sheet we prepare if we want to transfer the closing balance of any ledger account to another account eg i have ledger account A with the closing balance of the 1000$ and i want to transfer 100$ to some account B, then we prepare the closing sheet .

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Any Comment

Hi Imran, you have good knowledge on Ax year end Process. Could you pls expain

us step by step process with screen shots.

Thanks

Ravi

You are on right path .

thanks for the confirmation Lally [Y]