First Page on Report is Empty

I created a report, with four dataitems, but it always starts with an empty first page, it has a header, but no data, when I use printonly if detail in a dataitem, it doesnt work. Is there a solid other way to skip that first page? I did use the Newpagepergroup property, maybe that is the problem… Thanks for your time…

Hi Robin, Please check your Grouping for each section where you want to print the data.

You can add TextBoxes with some debbug text to sections. In this way you can find which sections are printed in first page and then analyse “why”.

Thanks, My report only prints the header of the first dataitem on the first page en then skips to the second page, i did not make a section for the second dataitem, and i only made a body for the third dataitem, then there’s only a groupfooter for the fourth dataitem, followed by a groupfooter of the third dataitem, maybe this structure had anything to do with it…

Which of headers is set to NewPagePerGroup ?

The Third dataitem has the newpagepergroup set to YES , it only has a body in the sections…

NewPagePerGroup is needed if you use GroupTotalFields property for this data item. Then information change in any of fields in this property will cause starting a new page. Blank page may be caused by empty record in third DataItem or smthng else I can’t imagine [:I]

its based on the date table, and it has grouptotalfields on startingdate… Thanks for explaining…

Maybe try to analyse code - SKIP and SHOWOUTPUT functions … … or start printing report only form PAGENO > 1 [:D]