Finsql.exe error message

Hai, I need some help with the error message which our customer receives. The Case is like this: Navision has installed on Win NT 4 on top of it there is a sql server installed. Ater copying the extended store procedure to ms sql folder and etc, we start navision and I have also created database its fine. After that we go in to a client and install navision client (win 98) its fine there is no connectivity problem. But when we take another pc which has win nt 4 running, install navision and start up, it allows us to open database with server name, user name and when click on database name, it generates error as Finsql.exe, (an application error has occurred and an application log is created). Does any one has any clue’s on how to fix the issue. I can think of only one thing as whether its possible that Win Nt to Win Nt will have any problems talking to each other. Please do provide me clues! Regards Khan\

Try installing MDAC 2.6 or later on your client thats crashing. You can download it from www.micsrosoft.com/data

Hi Robert, Does it mean I need to install MDAC 2.6 on every machine which is crashing. Regards Khan\

Hi Robert, I have a question relating to this issue. How does MDAC 2.6 will solve my problem. I mean what is its use and how does it prevents this kind of error, is this mdac the solution to this issue

It is just a suggestion based on the fact that collections of system files such as the MDAC suite can be unstable on some machines (i.e. not all files are compatible with each other) and this can give rise the access violations. I am assuming that nothing is wrong with your finsql.exe unless it is corrupt in some way. finsql uses MDAC. So, just try it on one machine that has the problem. If it doesn’t help, you know not to try it on other machines. It won’t do any harm unless you have applications that specifically depend on an MDAC version prior to 2.6).

2 khan: similar problem on winnt server sp1. was solved after sp6 installation

Hi All, Thanks for your replies. The problem is solved after installing MDAC (2.7) plus latest service pack for win nt (6)