Finding Missing Permissions for reading Card Comments

Hi there. I’ve been figuring out how to add users to NAV 2017 on the fly for a client. I don’t know much at all, so I’ve been struggling to figure this out.

The new user, let’s call them Sarah, has the same permission sets of everyone else that can successfully read comments on Item Cards, as far as I can tell. There are three permission sets that error out when I try to add them in PowerShell and don’t seem to exist anymore, and Sarah is the only one that doesn’t have those. Otherwise all the same. She is also in the same group as the others.

I read around here and learned about ‘Easy Security’ and the possibility of recording the permissions necessary to take an action while it’s happening, which sounded like exactly what I needed. Easy Security is actually already installed, which is lucky.

However, I can’t figure out how to record permissions with what I have. It seems like I need to use some SQL Profiler, if not the one that comes with SQL Server Mgmt Studio, which isn’t installed. I’m not sure where to find the database or interact with it (!) without that. Feels like I’m like 4 levels deep into not knowing what I am doing.

Is there a simpler way to maybe list every permission for a user so that I can compare “Sarah”'s permissions to a user that CAN read Item Card comments? I can only list permission sets with PowerShell as far as I can tell, and as stated, I’ve mirrored everything possible to Sarah already.

Thanks so much if anyone is able to give hints/help.