Finding Line No.

Hi , In Journals After entering the Account no,i would like to create some records in another table depending upon this Journal Primary key,but because of the Delayed Insert = Yes preoprty i am not able to find out the Line No. upto coming out of that line.But my problem here is i have to create Records in anothe table after entering the Account No. Anybody has idea to solve this problem except changing the Delayed Insert = No . Thanks Mohan

Despite the many disadvantages of programming on the form level i.s.o. on the table level, you might want to consider using the approach that the standard application uses to insert the extended text lines in e.g. sales order lines. Check out the OnAfterValidate trigger of the “No.” text box of form #46 (Sales Order Subform). Kind regards, Jan Hoek Weha Automatisering BV Woerden - The Netherlands

Insert the record OnAfterValidate on a text box. then you will have the “line No.” “Account No.” OnAfterValidate() If (“Account No.” <> ‘’) AND (“Line No.” = 0)THEN CurrForm.SAVERECORD; // This will Insert the record at this point but it will not COMMIT the record so you may need to use a COMMIT if your function needs to retrieve the Journal line. David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk