Find('=<>')

Hi,

anyone knows what symbol is it ?

Table: 554,
Name: Analysis by Dimensions
Functions: ValidateAnalysisViewCode()

If AnalysisView.Find**(’=<>’)**

There is no table with id. 554.

There is form id. 554 having function ValidateAnalysisViewCode() and code If NOT AnalysisView.Find**(’=<>’).**

oops sorry manish , you are right, its form 554, my mistake… [:S]

Relevant in this is the context, i.e. some previous statement should assign a value to the PK field(s) of the Record variable you are going to perform the FIND(’=<>") statement on. In our case AnalysisView in the ValidateAnalysisViewCode function:

AnalysisView.Code := AnalysisViewCode;
IF NOT AnalysisView.FIND(’=<>’) THEN

The first line is doing the assignment of a value (i.e. the content of AnalysisViewCode) to the PK field (i.e. Code) of the record variable AnalysisView.

AnalysisView.FIND(’=<>’) is now asking the database server to return the content of the AnalysisView record that

• matches this PK value ( FIND(’=’) ), or
  • that logically would precede the record with this PK value ( FIND(’<’) ), or
  • that logically would succeed the record with this PK value ( FIND(’>’) )

In either of these cases, given the fact that the Analysis View table contains records, this FIND statement will always return a record that will be used in the remaining part of the ValidateAnalysisViewCode function. If no record is found (i.e. … NOT FIND … is true) an error will be thrown saying “You have not yet defined an analysis view.”

Hope this makes sense.

hi luc,

"AnalysisView.Code := AnalysisViewCode;
IF NOT AnalysisView.FIND(’=<>’) THEN

The first line is doing the assignment of a value (i.e. the content of AnalysisViewCode) to the PK field (i.e. Code) of the record variable AnalysisView."

thanks [:)]

You’re welcome.

Nice explanation

Thanx, Manish.