Find linked invoices to PO

Morning all!

I’m having an issue with NAV 5.0 in regards to invoices and POs in general.

I’ve been using a less elegant method to find attached invoices to PO than the usual “PO>Order>invoices” because that doesn’t always show the posted Invoice. I’m still trying to figure out WHY (it MAY be a customization issue, but I doubt it), but right now, my question is this.

I’ve been using “PO>Order>Reciept>Card>Invoice Lines” and this particular PO has a couple of invoices attached to it that are not showing up.

Short of doing a search (how annoying), how can I find invoices that SHOULD be linked to the PO?

And for future issues, how can I make sure that invoices are properly attached to POs/receipts?

Hi,

If your system is not modified, then the standard link between the posted invoices and the purchase orders is the field “Order No.” on the posted purchase invoice. You can check that if you open the list of invoices from the order and press Ctrl + F7. So what you need to do is to find the invoices from the normal form and check if the invoices you think should be “attached” to a PO actually has the right order no. on it.

If you are creating your invoices directly from the PO by entering the quantity to invoice and posting here, then it will automatically get the order no. assigned when you post.

SHOULD is not a concrete thing. You can look at an invoice and know that there may have been some order entry error, but that’s the human brain functioning, not computer code. If there’s not a concrete link between the two how would you expect to find it?

The matching invoices should all have the “Order No.” filled out. This is automatically filled in every time you post an order.

Matt and Erik,

Thank you for the help. I managed to find each invoice. Still wish there was a smoother transition between PO>Receipt>Invoice.

May have to go indepth and do a little research on this.