Financial updating quantity must have same sign in the posting unit and the stock unit

Hello all,

I have had one of my user getting the above error in invoice update for a packing slip in a purchase order a while back. Since then I applied invoice all option in the parameter to invoice to take care of the issue at the moment. But now I found out that this error" Financial updating quantity must have same sign in the posting unit and the stock unit." have been addressed by Microsoft in a hotfix - RU3 version. We are applying that hotfix in our instance as well but before that, I want to recreate the same error in my test instance so we know Hotfix has fixed the issue.

I am not able to recreate the error in my instance. I will greately apreciate anyones suggestion on helping me on how to recreate this issue.

Thanks

In the RU3 Bugs detail - specific to this fix, Microsoft states that When you try to post a purchase invoice when two packing slips use the same identifier …as condition for the error. What is the same identifier for mean for two packing slips? How can this be used? Any help is greatly appreciated.