Filters on FORM-fields displaying FlowFields

What is the best way to filter a FlowField on a FORM? To be more precise I would like to accomplish the following: Show on the item card the quantity on stock (=item.inventory) in a particular(!) store (in addition to the field showing the entire qty). In addition, I would like to have DrillDown functionality as to what the qty in that particular store is made up of (on the form). Thanks for your help.

quote:

Originally posted by mschenk
What is the best way to filter a FlowField on a FORM? To be more precise I would like to accomplish the following: Show on the item card the quantity on stock (=item.inventory) in a particular(!) store (in addition to the field showing the entire qty). In addition, I would like to have DrillDown functionality as to what the qty in that particular store is made up of (on the form). Thanks for your help.

If your problem is to see the quantity on stock for an item from the Item card, look in the Item menu for the ‘Item by Location’ entry. If you want to know how to filter a Flow Field in general, that’s a bit more tricky to explain. The inventory quantity by location can be shown because on the CalcFormula of Item.Inventory there is a variable filter on the location code, based on the content of the FlowFilter field Item.“Location Filter”, which is set before the quantity is calculated and shown. I hope this might help, although I’m aware my explanation is not the best you may get. Anna

Anna, thanks for your answer. “Item by Location” does not quite work since it takes the qty of open(!) purchase orders with “expected receipt date < TODAY” into account. So my question then is whether it is possible to use an additional filter on the FlowFilter of INVENTORY at the time the item card is actually displayed to filter on one specific location.