Extra field specifications on SQL server

Helo! This one is kind of a tricky question… I made a table. One of the fields in this table is an Integer type field. I also have a non-navision application that fills this table (using direct access to SQL server), and this application demands that this integer type field is automaticaly filled. On SQL server you can set this on by setting the “Identity” option of this field to “yes”, “Identity seed” to 1 and “Identity increment” to 1. Now everytime i change table in navision this settings are erased so i was wondering if it’s possible to set this fields “Identity” settings in Navision so i wouldn’t have to set them menualy on SQL server everytime i change table…? Thanx for all the ansvers… lp prosen

Have a look at the property AutoIncrement in Integer/Big integer fields. Hope this helps. Jesús Soage

I’m not sure what you mean … I couldn’t find this AutoIncrement property anywhere … it’s not even in the CSide help…

It is only available since version 3.60. You can find it in an Integer or BigInteger Field properties.

Oh, damn, i only have 3.10a version. Is anything like this possible in this version …??

Hi prosen, you can program this behavior to the triggers OnModify, OnInsert of the table. There is no “ready to run” solution in navision

Thanks I hope the triggers work… lp prosen