Extend characters.

How do I extend the number of signs of some rows in Navision.
For example, “description” on an article. where I can just fill in 20 characters, then it takes an end.

If I want to write in 22 characters how do I do?
also EAN code, I would like to enter all 13 digits, now I just get in 5 digits.

i dont know much. but cant you go and change the form datatype and fields? lik

description text 22

or if you are asking about decimal placement ten you can go to properties(shift + f4) and change in “signdisplacement” field!

Changing field lengths is very easy, and can also cause major headaches. I would suggest you get in touch with your NAV Partner, or if you are working for a NAV Partner, then to read through the development documentation and get with a senior developer.

As you mentioned, change its easy but it occurs big problems in the standard working. I recommend to you to make a New field, with your extended length (for example Description 3) and put this to the form. Make a code of this field OnValidate event to fill the original Description until length of the Description field, truncate the extended text value. Of course it is okay if you would like to only register a higher capacity of field, but it is not going through your standard processes. Take care of this and plan the all of your process, where could be occurs any malfunction.

Hi Emil

You can change a length of a text field.But you have to change to the same length where ever that field have been used already.

Thanks

jerome Marshal.J

I am on the same boat… I am changing the item description length to 60 and causes lot of headache. everyday when I am testing one of the routine, I have to change at least one variable description length to 60. I have no idea in the beginning that is going to be that many … my suggestion is stay away from changing the length of the Nav base fields