Expected cost posting

Dear all

Inventory setup :

Expected Cost Posting = Yes

Automatic Cost Posting = Yes

When I created the GRN at that time it is posting two interim accounts , in this case it is ok.

When I undo receipt GRN then system is posting the entries to Actual inventory accounts with Debit and credit values.

I hope this is wrong .

Look at the registers for the transactions - the first receipt then the undo - it will all balance, it will be where you are looking at the entries.

Thank Adam,

My question is when i do undo receipt why my inventory accounts has to update ?

I think when i do undo receipt only interim accounts should reverse .

It has to because of the way it reverses the transaction as a whole. The inventory balance is zero at the end of the undo.

Thanks Adam sir,

When i post the GRN only Interim accounts affected , not any actual inventory accoutns effected .

But when i do Undo why it is posting values to Actual Inventory Accounts .

Is it system default ?

Load a purchase order and receive it - find the GL register - export it to Excel.

Undo the receipt - find the GL register - export it to Excel.

Now go back to the FIRST register - it has changed - export it to Excel

The new first one and the undo one all balance.

Yes it is the system default because it is the way the system works - untimately the undo balances all of the transactions back to zero.

Thanks Steven sir,

I am sorry to continue this post .

My client is asking why it is posting the entries to Actual Accounts, that client says system should not post that entries to Inventory Accounts when undo receipt.

Please let me know what is the reason to post the transactions like this.

Depending upon your costing method and the processing of exact cost reversing or the timing of the undo the system has to do this to ensure the cost reversed is the cost received, and to ensure this it completes the process. Now it maybe from a design perspective that this is not the most efficient way to process, but it would be at the discretion of the system architect, and therefore to get a definitive answer for your customer, which is not “because that is the way it is designed” you would need to ask Microsoft for justification of why the product was designed in that manner.