Excel Import for GL Journals

Hi, I am trying to import a GL journal (Journal and Lines Tables). I have successfully imported simple master tables like chart of accounts. But when I try to import transaction tables like Ledger Journal Table and Journal Lines I get an error during import. “Unknown Type: ‘VT_BSTR’” Is it possiable to load transaction files via excel. If it is possiable can you recommend what I should try to fix the problem. Thanks! Jeff

Hi Jeff Yes it is possible to use it for import. I take it you did create a excel template from Axapta and then just populated the info within that file. when do you get the error. I just normally create the template and import though the definitions. Running a consistancy check afterwards will sort out any linking for you. If you get the error before your done with the import the consistancy check would obviously not help

Hi there Have a look at www.atlasxl.com.au This product is purpose built for Axapta and can post fully validated journals from Excel into Axapta. Full support for number sequences! S.