estimated quantity is different from actual quantity in production order

Dear All,

when i estimate a production order for quantity X,then estimating this quantity to more than actual quantity.

for example:

i need to create production order for 10 items then system estimating it to 11 .

what is the reason behind this.

Do you have some scrap setup?

we not using any scrap percentage here

zero for all

I think the scarp values will increase the consumption quantities but not the production quantity.

Does it is happening for all the BOM items?

Yes,It is happening to all bom lines.

So you load 1000 and it estimates how many? 1001 or 1100? Mods?

If Bom line quantity is 1, when i estimate work order for 1000 items,system estimating to 1111,

if bom line quantity is 6, when i estimate work order for 1000 items , system estimating to 6667.

Check your consumption calculation setup for the BOM lines, check also the unit conversion.

This is not relevant currently - you said when you created a production order - now you are talking about BOM lines. If it is 1 and goes to 1.111 there is probably an item scrap percentage, if it is 1111 - really?

So is it the top level or the lines. If the top level is it a referenced production bom or an unrelated manual one.

As previously asked if you load ANY item onto a production order does it do the same math?

Here bom consumption set to standard, no unit conversion for all items except one item

And the other questions?[:D]

PLEASE CHECK THIS IMAGE FOR CLARIFICATION.

HERE BOM CALCULATION IS STANDARD.

CONSUMTION IS VARIABLE

ROUNDING SET NO.

1. IT TOP LEVEL AND UNRELATED MANUAL ONE.

2)SAME THING HAPPENING TO OTHERS ITEMS ALSO.

Can you post an image of the setup tab on the Production BOM for the same order?

I would get a developer to look at it because none of the standard fields that could do this are populated, which means there is an issue with your code, but not the standard code.

Hi Shaheed,

You might also want to check your route setup.In the route, you can also set up scrap percentage for a specific operation. I am suspicious that you also set up that value in the route operation level.

Let me know if this helps.

Best,

Alfred

Hi Alfred

I believe the end solution to this was that they had undertaken development, resolving it corrected the issue.