Error - you are not a recognized user of microsoft dynamics ax contact system admin

Hi All,

I’m facing this error in Ax 4.0+sp2 when i click on Ax icon.

i have restored Sql server 2005 database from one domain to another domain. and select the same database at the time of Ax installation.

i think domain has been change hence system may be throwing subject error.

someone suggest to change SID+NETWORKDOMAIN+NETWORKALIAS in useifo table in Sql server.

if this the way to resolve this error pls let me know hot to get SID.

else pls suggest me how to resolve this problem.

Thankx

Nitin

Hey Nitin,

Hope Everything is Well With You…

"Have You done Migration in Below Way " ?

In the new Server install the

1.Client

2.Application Object Server(AOS)

3.DataBaseFile

Stop the Axapta services…

Copy the Application folder for the old server[C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\50\Application\Appl] and place in the new server [C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\50\Application\Appl]

Take the backup from the old server and restore the backup in the new server

Start the Axapta Services…

Thanks…

Hi Nirav,

Thankx for reply …

Same process i have tried… the problem is related to domain i think.

because Sql server 2005 backup i have taken from Domain1 and restored the same backup in to new sql serve 2005 which is in another domain.

Thankx

Nitin

Now Try to Copy Following Folder From Older System to New System

Copy the Application folder for the old server[C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\40\Application\Appl] and place in the new server [C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\40\Application\Appl]

Hi Nitin,

This should help - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/emeadaxsupport/archive/2010/02/17/reformatted-checking-database-entries-after-restoring-a-microsoft-dynamics-2009-sql-database-to-another-domain-or-environment.aspx

Best wishes,

You need to modify the “UserInfo” table in SQL.

To get your user SID, there are many ways, google it or look here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscriptingguy/archive/2004/12/03/how-can-i-determine-the-sid-for-a-user-account.aspx

Then update the “Admin” user’s SID, Network Domain, and Network Alias with your info in SQL. This SQL command will show you the info you need. This works in both 2009 and 4.0, but I’m not sure if the table’s field names have changed at all for 4.0 but it’s similar.

select ID, name, sid, networkdomain, networkalias from USERINFO where ID = ‘Admin’

After you update one user and are able to successfully login to AX, you can just disable all of the other users, then change their domain from the AX form, then re-enable them to automatically get their correct SID.