Error while updating from NAV 2009 R2 to NAV 2013 R2

Hi

I’m updating an existing NAV 2009 R2 installation to NAV 2013 R2 using the Upgrade Toolkit.

When I run Upgrade601701.1.fob I have a problem because its trying to create an Form called “Upgrade Error Log” (id 104003).

But there is already an form called “Upgrade Error Log” what would be the best pratice to do here?

Welcome to DUG!!!

Just check what is version of the existing form .It might be older form you have used during upgradation from lower version to NAV 2009 R2.

As Amol said it can come from an earlier upgrade, if I were in you I would replace it with the new objecy coming from Upgrade601701.1.fob file.

Thanks for the answers I would also go with the replace/rename option.

Just to give you some background. My company just got its partner status and we are trying to figure out how it all works.

I use a licence from “Voice” → “License Key Configuration” → “Microsoft Dynamics NAV Perpetual 2013 R2” My first assumption was that I with this licence could do everything. But I cannot alter the objects in case.

In this specific case the customer have an NAV 2009 R2 installation with a lot of special modules installed (from another partner).
Is it correct that other partners can’t change (rename,delete,edit) these objects or have I misunderstood?

You can not alter other partner no series object with your developer license as the access for alteration of those object given to that partner license.

So what would you do in this scenario?

A customer is running 2009 R2 and is working with partner A. Partner A have developed a large module the is installed on the customers 2009 R2.

The customer wants to change to partner B (me) and upgrade to NAV 2013 R2

Is this at all possible?

First thing you might need to Change object no series of partner specific modules in accessible no series for your license and then you need to upgradation.

But not sure whether you can change the no series of object .

Last option would be you need to talk to the partner and come out with some solution.

But hat exactly is the Object ID which you are talking about?