error in the payment journal & free text invoice

Dear,

I tried to setup a new company in AX2012, but I get stucked on the sales ledger. When I try to make a payment journal, I always get the same errors:

• account number for transaction type customer balance does not exist & account number for transaction type bank does not exist.

Can anybody help me further with this one? I don’t have any clue anymore.

tnx a lod in advance

Dimitri

have you done with the customer posting profiles? Have a look at the bank transaction types in setup (Cash and Bank Management)

Dimitri,

Check the following to validate where the issue may be:

Step 1: Check that the Bank Account has been assigned a Main Account: Navigate to Cash & Bank Management > Common > Bank Accounts > Currency Management Fast Tab > Main Account - this field must be populated on your chosen bank account

Step 2: Check that the Customer has been assigned a Customer Group: Navigate to Sales Ledger > Common > Customers > All Customers > General Fast Tab > Customer Group - this field must be populated on your chosen customer

Step 3: Check that the Customer Group in Step 2 s associated with a Customer Posting Profile: Navigate to Sales Ledger > Setup > Customer Posting Profiles - the Customer Group in Step 2 should exist against one of the posting profiles on this form

Step 4: In Step 3 above, check that that there is a Main Account populated in the Summary Account field for the customer posting profile

Step 5: Once you’ve eliminated the setup issues listed above, then the next step is to check for incomplete or missing configuration of the Chart of Accounts…

Navigate to: General Ledger > Setup > Chart of Accounts > Configure Account Structures and identify where the Main Accounts in Steps 1 and 4 are defined on this form. More likely than not, you will find that these GL accounts have not been included in any of the listed account structures. Note that this form is a new feature in AX2012 so it’s possible that the configuration hasn’t been completed. What appears to be happening is that Dynamics AX2012 correctly identifies which ledger accounts to use for posting but cannot find an appropriate entry on the account structures form for this ledger account.

Let me know if this does not resolve your issue.

hi,

I followed the steps, and indeed there was a missing configuration of the coa.

Note that this form is a new feature in AX2012 so it’s possible that the configuration hasn’t been completed. What appears to be happening is that Dynamics AX2012 correctly identifies which ledger accounts to use for posting but cannot find an appropriate entry on the account structures form for this ledger account.

this was the problem, and I had to setup a new account structure. I don’t know why this is needed, but it works fine now.

thank you very much!

Dimitri

This is the new implementation of ledger accounts in AX2012 - it makes sense once you’ve spent some time with it :slight_smile:

Dimitri, if you are happy with the suggestion, can you confirm the issue is resolved on the forum, please?

Thanks.