Error In The Database Structure

Hello all. I have already searched for this error: Error(9 in module 50) and didn’t receive any help. Here is my situation: We are running Navision Financials 2.60E Database. This database is 33GB in size and we are license for 40GB. We have 4 companies using the database. Currently we have 20% free space remaining. Monday morning durring the backup I received the following error: There is an error in the database structure. The error(9 in module 50) may have been caused by the computer or a program. Table: Sales Line Company: Key Fields: Document Type, Document No.,Line No. … Notice that the Company is blank!!! In an effort to salvage the company and not loose a days work I exported all of the Sales Line table and deactivated all of the keys except the primary key. I then imported all of the information back into the system. I performed a complete backup and was successfull. We have an autobackup done every day and Tuesday mornings went fine. Today, I received the exact same error message as I did monday morning. What confuses me here is that after “repairing” the problem, it was fine for 2 backups then another crash in the same table. Any help here would be appriciated. Bill Benefiel Manager of Information Systems Overhead Door Company billb@ohdindy.com (317) 842-7444 ext 117

Hello Bill, Quick thoughts occur to me: 1.) Get your hardware/hard drive looked at, as there might be flaw/fault there, unlikely, but possible. 2.) Upgrade your Navision Executables to 2.60F or 2.60G, as there is apparently a known issue with earlier versions of the client/server software that corruptions “may occur” in the event of a high level of network traffic. There are other areas worth investigating, but these would be my first ports of call. Hope this is of some assistance! -------------------------------- Edward Bloomfield Navision Support Consultant Cambridge Online Systems Limited www.cambridgeonline.net

I have already checked the hardware and it seems fine. I am on my way to get the newest version (3.6F). If anyone else has any ideas, please share them. Bill Benefiel Manager of Information Systems Overhead Door Company billb@ohdindy.com (317) 842-7444 ext 117

What operating System are you using on the server? I had a client once, who kept getting database errors. We changed more or less all hardware. Still having problems. Then we installed Windows NT server in stead of Small Buisness Server. No problems since. The point beeing, if you are running Small Buisness Server, try installing a “real” version! //Henrik Helgesen -: KISS::Keep it Simple, Stupid :-

and if You’re upgrading C/SIDE: Go directly to 3.01B or later. In 3.01B there was a “safeguard” against db corruption implemented. //Lars

This may be the same thing Lars said but I just didn’t understand. I believe you can “upgrade” just your executables to the latest Navision version without changing any of your objects. Presuming I’m correct, that means you could move your executables to Attain 3.10b but not deal with any changes to your executables. If you try this route, please test thoroughly first (I know that’s an unnecessary warning in your case Bill, but for others …). You will need to keep the client and server executables in synch (i.e. the same version), which means updating all the workstations. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

Yes. It was the executables I ment. There shouldn’t be any problem with this, but I recommend You to do a backup and restore when upgrading. Not just open the existing database and klick OK to convert it. //Lars

Hi William, Let me share our experience also. This error occured with us with almost every version of NF 2.60(From D to F). I personally believe it’s less of a version/executables problem and more of data porting. Possible cause of error: 1. Dataporting(Getting data into your system/related tables) from back-end w/out using Navision Dataports. 2. I read it in some documentation also, if i’ll see if i can find it for you. Solutions: 1. While making backup, do backup only Appln. Objects w/out data.(If you are an end-user(client), you need to approach your NSC.) 2. After first step, back-up only on company data(No objects) at a time and restore in a new database. You need to perform Backup after each step to ensure there’s no problem. 3. For the Co., which you is giving problem, comment out all table level triggers on delete for table with problem and delete data.You can restore this data temporarily in another Company to return it back later. 4. Now perform back-up again,Test complete and check that everything’s working fine. 5. You need to create/use dataport for getting the temporarily backed up data back into your table. As many of above things require lot of work at back-end, it’s advisable to approach your NSC. As this is a major problem,which can’t be ignored. Additionally, your NSC can contact Navision who can provide more specific info. about error depending on the modeule. With Regards

It seems like Primary Key bug. Sometimes due unknown reasons Navision loses valid primary key values. All works but backup/restore fails. There is only one way to fix it: export all data (from this table) from all companies into file using dataport, then delete all data, after it import data back from file. Business Applications Programmer Sertified Navision Developer SIA “Sintegra” Latvia

All standerd navision’s recomendations doesn’t works (except “restore from latest valid backup”). This error exists in all versions with native database. I am hear about “Primary Key bug” in text versions of Navision and found it in windows versions. Business Applications Programmer Sertified Navision Developer SIA “Sintegra” Latvia

Hi, Similar error occurs in SQL Version also but with a different No. 1190 but message is same. The difference in error No. could be due to the difference in Database Servers. Regards

Hello William Benefiel, I also suffered from the same problem for few days. after that i re installed the server using latest backup(which had taken from the working databse) and also the client which i am using. Till then no problem. But i don’t know the exact reason. Expecting bcoz of application not because of database (bcoz you have not changed any thing in the database… some times 2.6 application behaving strange).