Error in RTC

Dear All,

Guide in the following scenario… i am learning NAV 2009 R2. during this period of learning

1. i have created a Role Center Page

2. Created a Sales order Processor Queue Page

3. Added Actions to the Sales Order Queue Page

4. Added Parts to the Created Role Center Page…

After adding Parts when i run the Role Center page i got the following Error:

“The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server cannot connect the Change Listener to SQL Server because of the following error: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 25: - Connection string is not valid”

When i searched in Web found solution to above error as i need to “Enabling the Object Change Listener”

So i am trying to do as per the guidelines suggested in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd568739.aspx

Currently i have installed SQL Server in my laptop. my server account name is Lucky-Pc\Lucky… with Demo Database NAV (6-0).

When i am executing the instructed lines i am getting following error

"Msg 15025, Level 16, State 2, Line 2

The server principal ‘Lucky-Pc\Lucky’ already exists.

Msg 111, Level 15, State 1, Line 3

‘CREATE SCHEMA’ must be the first statement in a query batch.

Msg 15151, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Cannot alter the user ‘Lucky-Pc\Lucky’, because it does not exist or you do not have permission.

Cannot grant, deny, or revoke permissions to sa, dbo, entity owner, information_schema, sys, or yourself "

PLEASE LET ME KNOW DO I NEED TO CREATE NEW WINDOWS ID FOR Enabling the Object Change Listener and Why it cannot be applied to existing user

Thanks in advance

Regards

Pavani

Is your SQL Server is working perfectly ?

I mean have you tried open sql server with user id/Administrator ???

Yes Amol… its working with Administrator ID and Pwd

Where and When you get this error ?

Is it during opening RTC ? or on some page ??

Its in SQL Server → File → New → Query with Current Connection

in the above link i have followed the instructions as per http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd568739.aspx

while doing soo i am getting error in SQL

Is your server and Database installed on same machine?

Why are you using Lucky-Pc\Lucky as server account?

Did you try with Network Service Account or Local System Account?

Please tell me one thing mohana if we make a new page , we cannot run that new page in the existing login?

We can.

Please try to Open RTC first directly from Start–>All Programs

Is your RTC client is working ??

no its not working… i have deleted the page which i created and tried to run other objects… the same error appears.

Try to synchronize the user id

Try to use ip instead of server name in RTC server Address

Thanks to All,

If i have deleted the pages which i have created. and tried with existing pages, still i was getting same error.

so, i have uninstalled my RTC and re installed it … its working [:)] …

Regards

Pavani