ERROR in Navision Attain ODBC Driver

Hello, Recently we upgraded Navision 2.01 into Navision Attain 3.01A. Conse-quence is that many of my Crystal Reports, made with the former version, are worthless. When I try to refresh the reports I got the following statement: ODBC error: “[Navision Software a/s][Navision Attain ODBC Driver]Invalid operand operator:>=” following by the statement: “Error detected by database DLL”. I think the problem is caused by the “Date”. Because when there is NO date mentioned in the Navision database ( empty field ) for a specific field, I get 01-01-1753. What can I do to solve this ?

From our experience, it’s more likely that your reports were accessing tables that had a structural change between versions. There was actually some change with 2.50 & this created some problems for users of Crystal. There were quite a few of them between 2.01 and 3.01A. If this is the case, you will get these types of errors. Unfortunately, the solution to this is to re-write the report.

Hi, ODBC driver is buggy until 8 hotfix in version 3.10a. So try to use new. I had big problems with date filtering until hotfix.