Error: Cannot reserve 1,00 of item [item] because of stock shortage. Clear the Reservation required setting to allow further processing of the shipment.

Hi all,

I create an open sales order with one line (with one item number, quantity 1). Automatic reservation = yes. → system reserves a random serial number of the item number (10 pieces are physical available in the warehouse)

I click on ‘Picking list’

I go to inventory & warehouse module and create a new shipment. I want to activate the picking so i could register the right serial number of the item number. But system gives the error: Cannot reserve 1,00 of item [item] because of stock shortage. Clear the Reservation required setting to allow further processing of the shipment.

Then i clear the Reservation required setting, but then system gives warning: Not all shipment lines could be reserved.

So it isn’t possible to register the right serial number in the picking route (because no picking route)

Very strange because few weeks ago it works with same settings (even without clearing the Reservation required setting…)

Have someone an idea why the system throws the error: Cannot reserve 1,00 of item [item] because of stock shortage. Clear the Reservation required setting to allow further processing of the shipment.

Thx!

Frederik

Hi Frederik,

Did you manage to sort this out? Can you give me any pointers on this, we are facing a similar issue.

Regards,

Neha

Hi Neha, i got this error because the storage dimension group of my item requires a location. The problem was that on the sales order a site and warehouse was given but no location!

Regards,

Frederik

Hi Frederick,

Oh ok. We have a location on the sales order and we do have sufficient stock. But, the stock is on a pallet. Somehow, the picking route should pick up the stock from the pallet (which is at the bulk location). But it still does not. And the strange thing is that this happens only when there is more than 1 line on a sales order.

The first line is reserved and the shipment is activated. But the 2nd line stays at registered. Any pointers on this.

Regards,
Neha

Hi Fredrik,

how did you clear reservation requirement setting.

can you please share with me the steps.

your help will be appreciate.

In the Shipments form, select your shipment; switch to General tab and under Reservation tab untick the Reservation required check-box.