Error 1001 when installing AX 2012 Client. Help.

Hello,

Recently I have faced the issue when installing a AX 2012 client.

While installing I get error:

4024.Error 1001.png

When analyzing the log it says:

Error 1001.

Info 2769. Custom Action ClientUI.Install did not close 1 MSIHANDLEs.

CustomAction ClientUI.Install returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

I have already tried:

  • Remove all AX 2012 components.
  • Re-install prerequisites
  • Re-install .NET framework

Prior to this problem I had installed AX 2012 on a server. Server was in domain.

After some time this server was moved to DMZ and detached from domain.

Then I faced that I cannot run AX because it used accounts of the domain.

I uninstalled everything. Attached server to domain controller and then tried to install AOS and client.

Finally I got the error I explained earlier.

Any help would be appreciated.

Looking forward for help,

Evaldas

Hi

It is funny that if you google for this issue then you can find quite a lot of entries in blogs and forums where people keep on asking about this issue, but it doesn’t seem as if anyone has posted any sensible solution to the problem…

I can just give you a little hint about what I’ve noticed from doing a little search online, but I don’t know if it would help you in any way. The error is actually originating from the Windows Installer and not the AX. It seems as if the Windows installer is struggling with something. Quite often this error is being mentioned along with keyword “FileNotFound”. Is your AX installation saved on a read-only drive? Isn’t your installation path too long? I have had problems with beta versions of AX 2012 when I tried to install the AX from a path which appeared to be a bit too long for AX Installer (i.e, something like c:\tmp\blabla\tralalaaa\blalaaa\oiueuzhroiwe\oihoiwehioewj…\ddoewewf\AxSetup.exe didn’t work well and installation always failed somewhere in the middle of the process. But something like: C\AxInstallation\AxSetup.exe worked fine).

Janis

Thanks for the help. I also think it’s not AX problem.

I tried the path, it’s ok.

There are many posts but have not found any helpful ones.

Another (might be important) note is that this server is a virtual server.

Found the solution!

It was actually written in the DynamicsSetupLog.txt.

During Setup of Client an error occurred. Program run: regsvr32. Parameters: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics AX\Common\vcgantt.ocx” /s

For some reason there were remaining dll’s of old AX 2012 installation, vcgantt.ocx.

Additionally during previous installation of AX 2012 I have added additional dll’s to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics AX\Common folder.

The issue was fixed by removing those dll’s.

Congrats! Finally there is at least one documented fix on how to solve this “Error 1001”. Hopefully Google search picks up this post and whoever searches for the same problem will be able to find your solution in this forum.

HI ,

I am also facing the same problem, but I dont have the dll like what you have suggested. could you please suggest any other solution