Employee Portal / NAS service is giving an Error -

Hello all

I am using NAv 5.0 and i have install all the componants on the server including employee portal and application server when i trying to start the application server service I am getting the following error message

"Could not start the application server for microsoft dynamics nav classic Nevision-service on local computer Error 1 : Incorrect function "

Could any one help in solving this issue…

Regards Srawan

Hi Srawan & Welcome to the Dynamics User Group.

I generally prefer using a .bat file for starting the NAS. You can copy the following in a text file and later on change the extension of file to “.bat”

“C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Application Server\nassql.exe” appservername=DHANRAJ-SQL,servername=DHANRAJ,NETTYPE=TCP,database=Demo Database NAV (6-0),company=CRONUS USA Inc.,startupparameter=NEP-1,
pause

Make appropriate changes in the above

Hi Dhanraj, Thanks for the Reply… It has worked…

The Startup Parameter is NAS in the NAS Manager

I have setuped in NAVISION DB: Web Part setup templates, USers,Groups, Employee Setup Potal Card as per the EP PDF…

In Applicaiton Server Setup: Code as NEP-1 and description

One more issue which Im facing is the Employee Portal tool pane is not seen in the http://LocalHost/Defautls.aspx

It would be appricaited If u can answer for this issue…

Regards

Srawan

Hi Srawan,

I don’t have idea about your current problem. May be someone else over here can help you