Easy help to set up Analysis Reports & How to work with Analysis by Dimensions

Hello all

Can anybody suggest the best place to find some easy to follow help with setting up Analysis Reports, how to work with Analysis by Dimensions, and Accounting Schedules. Even a good (local to us) Freelancer for a day or two may help us. We are in Kent UK

Still very new to Nav.

Andy.

From memory there is nothing - but a quick search of customer source would be your best bet.

The issue is your COA is yours, so you just start building an account schedule from this - the COA in part is configured to produce the financial statements, but I guess this is not true in your case.

As for the dimensions there are only two elements, columns and rows. You need the data to base the analysis on, but this in turn has already been decided because before you went live this was the consideration given to your dimension setup, but again this may not be true in your case.

In both cases if considerations were not given this is part of the sacrifice you made going live like you did.

Still an account schedule can be made - just start building one, they are quite intuitive. I will not ask you abot your VAT statement then.

As for the analysis reports you need to look at rows and columns - you say what you want to see, then build the data and create the row and column, again not rocket science and quite easy to get to grips with, you just need to be willing to get to grips with it.

You can get a freelancer in, there are several on here, but in reality your best avenue is still your partner - if it is not then you have bigger problems than account schedules and analysis reports.

Thanks Adam,

I understand what you say. Is there a list of allowed formulas / rules and any examples of reports that have been set up I can browse.

Diito examples of Dimensions. Thanks again Andy.

Hi Andy

Dimensions are ANYTHING you want to analyse data by. This could be geographical, colour, type, cost centre etc. They can be attached to items, customers, vendors, journals etc. However if you are processing and have not set them up you cannot easily recreate history - would be better that you think you cannot.

As for the formulas you NEED to open the row and column analysis.

You should have defined the dimensions already - so you know WHAT to report on. The how is the analysis report, so open it and start designing. You must know what you want to analyse surely?

So for the formulas - columns. Look at the column type, picking data out or a formula - a formula means you can add columns together, etc, or basically any basic mathematical transformation. If you want date analysis and comparisons then use the comparison date formula. Then there is the analysis type list, detailing area, entry type and possible filters on the data.

Then the rows (lines) this is detailing the data, same formula principle as columns, or you can bring in items and filter on these.

So if you have items and dimensions the first thing to do is to ignore dimension, but build an analysis view. Create a row showing all items. Create three columns. One looking at the analysis type sales, one COGS and a formula one taking COGS from sales to give you margin. Run it. Filter by dimension to see the analysis just for the dimension.

The best way to learn these is to create one and expand on it. Learn by doing.

Again,many thanks Adam!

I’ll get on to this and may ask for some more help if I get stuck. I have been looking at Cronus and this has helped as well. More examples other than Cronus would have been helpful as I could have copied some. I’ll try a search on the web and see if this brings anything in. Would you recommed the best place to search for such material/examples?

Andy

I would start at customersource - your partner should have given you access, it is a right of your purchase of NAV.

A small tip with formulas - enter some garbage, and a msg will pop up stating what are the allowed values there… [:)]