Dynamics NAV RTC error while importing budget.

I have exported budget in excelsheet from RTC, but while I import it from Excel the following message occur:

" Dates have not been recognized in the excel worksheet."

I have imported the same excelsheet from NAV 2009 classic with microsoft SQL server and it works.

Can you provide me the solution for it?

Your question is not very clear and I don know what you trying to do…Anyway did you change the format of the date in Excel and try to import in NAV? If not change the format of the Date Field in Excel and try to import in NAV…

I can confirm that this is an issue - I have exported a blank budget from the RTC on a single NAV 2009 SP1 demo install on my machine. I filled in one line, attempted to import via RTC and get above error. Same file imported through classic client for same database - no problem.

We have experience the same thing. Microsfot has a code fix for it. If you do not have access to MS Support send me your enail and I will send you the code we installed for the fix.

Paul Smith

psmith@admiral-usa.com

Hi there!

apparently there is an issue with the time format on the NAV server. Not sure if it would make a difference to set the server to 24hr, but this is a suggested fix for Report 81 which might help:

//TimePos := STRPOS(TempExcelBuf.“Cell Value as Text”,’ 00:00’); // Time part - only on Service Tier // Original Code

//IF TimePos = STRLEN(TempExcelBuf.“Cell Value as Text”) - 5 THEN // Original Code

TimePos := STRPOS(TempExcelBuf.“Cell Value as Text”,’ 12:00’); // change to 12:00

IF TimePos = STRLEN(TempExcelBuf.“Cell Value as Text”) - 8 THEN //change to 8 (actual time on RTC is 12:00 AM)

You might need to try changing the “-8” to another value in order to get it working with your server settings.

Hope this helps!

Best Try this : Post by sangam:: http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/p/34417/264405.aspx#264405