Dynamics AX 2012 and Visual Studio 2010 Sync Issue (Data Provider Class Not Shows Up In The Query)

Hi All,

I’m facing an issue with a Data provider class which is not showing up in my Visual studio 2010 for report data provider.

Here’s my Report Data Provider Class showing in the “Application Explorer” of the Visual Studio 2010.

but the same Data provider class is not present when I tried to access it from my DataSet of the report to use the DP class for the report.

I suppose to see the “Test_FreeTextInvoiceDP” in the Pop Ups dialog(Squared Red Area) but It’s not showing the same.

It’d be greatly appreciated if some one could help on this.

Hi,

The Visual Studio identifies the instance to connect from the client configuration. The active client configuration is used to establish the connection.

1. Check you are using the correct configuration

2. Check your default client configuration is pointing to the same layer as in the configuration file also. Since Visual Studio opens in the layer that is specified in the default settings in the AX Client Configuration window.

Regards,

Raghav.

Hey Guys,

Thank you for your support on this.

1. Check you are using the correct configuration

------ Configuration files and the configuration are correct and it’s working fine for the AX client.

1. Check your default client configuration is pointing to the same layer as in the configuration file also. Since Visual Studio opens in the layer that is specified in the default settings in the AX Client Configuration window.

------ Yes, My default Client Configuration for AX is pointed to “usr” layer and I’m using the same .axc file to open the VS but I’m getting below error as well when I tried to open the “Visual Studio Project” from AOT (Right Click on Visual Studio Project Report—> Edit)

8508.Capture.PNG

And still I’m not able to see my report data provider class(“Test_FreeTextInvoiceDP”) in my Visual studio.

Hi,

May be you can try to open AX from the default configuration and don’t use the AXC file, and try to edit a Visual Studio Project from AOT.

Regards,

Raghav.

Yes. Thank you Raghav. Now I’m able to open it from the AOT with out error but still the RDP class is not showing while choosing my Data set of the report. Any ideas ?