Dynamically inserted table rows cannot be displayed correctly in NAV 2016 report

Hi guys, first of all, I have to sorry for my English, I’m not a native English speaker, hope you guys can understand what I’m trying to say here.

I’m testing the capabilities and the functions of the NAV 2016 and I encountered a strange problem that I don’t know if it is a bug, the story is here:

I have 4 tables, 1 query and 1 report called: Table 1, Table 2, Table 3, Result Table, Query 1 and Report 1.

Result Table having all of the fields names of the 3 tables. Also, the Query 1 has the unprocessed result set of Table 1, Table 2 and Table 3 joining together.

After that, I used “Result Table” to build the “Reoprt 1”, and declared a global variable of “Result Table” so i can access it from the code later. I also declared the global variable of “Query 1”, and I programmatically inserted the table rows for the “Result Table” in the OnPreReport() trigger of report 1.

And the strange thing happened when I run the report, all the table rows displaying the data of the row 1. However when i look at rows in Result Table, it is all unique, which means what I inserted is correct, but it is not displaying correctly in the Report. If anybody has a solution to this problem?

Welcome to DUG!!!

You need to check at the report and dataset you used for this.

Hi thanks for your suggestion, may I know what should I check in the report? And how can I know if the dataset is okay/ correctly configured?

In the request page of the report you can click on the blue button → help → about that page.

The run the previev of the report: Then click the blue button → help → about this report

Now you can see, which data is transfer from the client to visual studio. You get to know, if you have a “layout” or a “data” problem.

You can watch it here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics/nav/dn848439.aspx

After that you can give us more information about the results and you problem. I am sure, we can help you out with your dataitem structure or you rdl layout.

I also would suggest, that you try to move your code from OnPreReport to the OnAfterGetRecord of your dataitem.

best regards
Robert

Hi Robert Wendler thanks very much for your reply, my Nav 2016 seems a bit buggy, the buttons in the preview page are not clickable, there is something strange (not my keyboard /mouse issues ) caused the preview page keep focusing on the first page button

HI ben Wong ,
The Preview page thing is Bug which is cleared in later CU.

Hi Raja Venkat, thanks for your clarification. Since I don’t have access to those CUs , did you mean the inability to show the table rows in preview page or the buggy buttons in the preview page that is fixed in CU?

Take A Look At this Link below
saurav-nav.blogspot.in/…/nav-2016-cumulative-update-1-released.html

Hi, thanks for the reply Raja Venkat, so it seems the CU 1 only fixed the buttons in the preview page