Dont copy the proyect Do it copyrigth

When a costumer get two partners, how define that the any partner can´t copy the projects or development of the other partner? How is protect the development to dont be copied??

hi Probably the only way to protect your code from being copied by other partner is to use DLL. In DLL you can keep your business logic and if you will create some reports and functions, the other partner will be able to copy your project but he won’t be able to modify it because the main code will be placed in the DLL you have created for your purpose. Slawek

hi Slawek I appreciate your answer, but I dont understand, if I create a class in X++ how convert that class to dll???

Hi Slawek I apreciate your answer. But I´dont understand, If I create a a X++class, how can convert that class to dll file???

quote:

hi Probably the only way to protect your code from being copied by other partner is to use DLL.
Originally posted by Slawko - 2005 Feb 24 : 09:36:14

Hi, Can you tell me how can I create DLL in Axapta ? Well, it can be funny, but I’ve never heard about making DLL in Axapta [:o], so if you can tell me/us how to do it, I’ll be very grateful [:)]

hi I didn’t say that it is possible to write DLL in Axapta [:D] My point was to write it in some other tool like Delphi, VB, .NET etc. and just use it in Axapta as an external code. I was never forced to use it in Axapta so it is only my recommendation. Slawek

hi again here is some code as an Axapta job that runs DLL with its functions. It shows a window for browsing a directory and at the end prints the selected path. It uses Windows shell32.dll static void Job1(Args _args) { #define.structSize(32) #define.folderNamelength(260) str folder; int value; DLL DLL = new DLL('shell32.dll'); DLLFunction shBrowseForFolder = new DLLFunction(DLL, 'SHBrowseForFolder'); DLLFunction shGetPathFromIDList = new DLLFunction(DLL, 'SHGetPathFromIDList'); Binary struct = new Binary(#structSize); Binary folderStruct = new Binary(#folderNamelength); ; shBrowseForFolder.returns(ExtTypes::DWord); shBrowseForFolder.arg(ExtTypes::Pointer); shGetPathFromIDList.returns(ExtTypes::DWord); shGetPathFromIDList.arg(ExtTypes::DWord, ExtTypes::Pointer); value = shBrowseForFolder.call(struct); if (value) { // extract folder name if (shGetPathFromIDList.call(value, folderStruct)) { folder = folderStruct.string(0); } } print folder; pause; } Slawek

quote:

When a costumer get two partners, how define that the any partner can´t copy the projects or development of the other partner? How is protect the development to dont be copied??
Originally posted by jop1 - 2005 Feb 24 : 01:15:20

Hi, I don’t imagine how you can achieve this otherwise than limiting partner’s acces to your Axapta instance. This is not an issue when the 2 are providing solutions for different modules (which would involve only different objects). The problem is when they come to use objects changed by each other. In this case you would rather provide the full changed objects to them, than to force them each to re-create what the other has done, using the original specs. This would be equivalent to only hire on partner from the beginning. Regards Ciprian