DIXF Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0xC0048021

I have been trying to import data from an Excel file using Data Import Export Framework. The mapping and validation works but when I try to import the data into staging table - I get the below error:

Exception from HRESULT: 0xC0048021

at Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.Framework.Tools.DMF.SSISHelper.DMFEntity.ShowPreview(Boolean isComposite)

at Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.Framework.Tools.DMF.SSISHelperService.Service.ServiceHelper.ShowPreview(DMFEntity entity)

I am using Dynamics AX 2012 R3 RTM with Excel 2013. Also from a very good blog I learnt that I had to install the Access database engine that I did. Didn’t help.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Hi Nostradamus,

I am also facing the same issue while importing the data through DMF in AX 2012 R3 from Excel sheet .

" Exception from HRESULT: 0xC0048021 "

Did you get any solution for this issue

Any ideas to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance …

Hello Sreekanth,

This issue was caused by incorrect Excel version. Please follow this blog - Thanks to Alex for being very elaborate with teh details.

http://ax2012dmfdataimport.blogspot.co.uk/

Hi all,

If you’re using Excel 2013 like I am, the problem is caused by tge DMConfig XML file.

Go to the DMConfig.xml file in the Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\DataImportExportFramework folder and replace the PipelineComponentInfo_Multicast, PipelineComponentInfo_ExcelSource and <PipelineComponentInfo_ExcelDestination> nodes by the following:

<PipelineComponentInfo_Multicast>
{33D831DE-5DCF-48F0-B431-4D327B9E785D}
</PipelineComponentInfo_Multicast>
<PipelineComponentInfo_ExcelSource>
{9F5C585F-2F02-4622-B273-F75D52419D4A}
</PipelineComponentInfo_ExcelSource>
<PipelineComponentInfo_ExcelDestination>
{90E2E609-1207-4CB0-A8CE-CC7B8CFE2510}
</PipelineComponentInfo_ExcelDestination>

That solved the issue for me!

This works, I have tried, Thanks Erik

Hi all,

change these help me and its is working fine.

Hi all,

changing these help me and it is working fine.

Hi,

I am facing the same issue, I checked for Component class Id as well, and it is correct.

I am creating a component for Unpivot and component class Id =‘DTSTransform.UnPivot.1’

Can you please suggest,

Thanks,

Mandddddy