Displaying serial number in list report.

I am developing a list report on navision how can i put the serial number with each record.

i.e.

S# Name

1 a

2 b

3 c

Hi Kami,

Can you give a better explaination - e.g. what tables is the report based on? Are you talking about an incremental serial no. or a serial number linked to an item?

Hi,

The report is linked to master table i have created for customization.

I want the incremental serial number with each record.

Can i use the INTEGER virtual table for this.

Hi Kami,

Yes, you can use the Integer table or a Integer variable incrementing by one in the ONAFTERGETRECORD trigger. If you want to assign a unique ID (serial) no. to each record why not use a Entry No. with the Autoincrement property set to Yes.

I can’t give a specific answer as you have not described what you are tring to acheive

If you need it just for display purpose in the report, you can declare an integer variable say count and increment it (Count++) in the Report Design body executeSection method().

Create a display method which return this variable and use it in place of serial Number.

OR you can use number sequence on the form.

Entry No can you define about this is this a field or what how to setup this.

Hi Kami,

Use Variable and assign 0 on Report - OnInitReport() and increment by 1 at OnAfterGetRecord() of Data item of report.

I am trying to use the same, but the problem is the sr no. are not displayed correctly.

If there is one gap in the purchase line then the sr no. is not displayed correctly.

1 1001 Manual for Loudspeakers,Manual for Loudspeakers with

1 Stand for Loudspeakers LS-150

2 1002 Spike for LS-100

3 1003 Base speaker unit 15" 100W

I have tried many workarounds, but it does not work.

In india database there is a report id. 16593 which is an example.

I am expecting some help here ?

Manish, I do not have access to the India database, but could it be that the line without a serial number is coming from a different section of the report? Is this report classic client or RTC?

The sr no. are not displayed correctly in a purchase order report, below is the example of how the report is displayed.

Sr No. Item Code Item Desc
1 1001 Manual for Loudspeakers,Manual for Loudspeakers with
1 Stand for Loudspeakers LS-150
2 1002 Spike for LS-100
3 1003 Base speaker unit 15" 100W
with extened warranty.

If we enter description in second line of the purchase order without item code then there is issue of displaying the serial no.

I have tried many workarounds, but it does not work (i.e. Check Item Code for blank in 2nd line,try to hide the 2nd sr no. RTC)

Try
IF SalesInvoiceLine.“No.” <> ‘’ THEN
SNo := SNo + 1;

I would think that if the report does show serial numbers for some but not all lines, that there is something wrong with the data. Programming the report to pull a fictional serial number out of thin air is NOT going to address that.

A serial number usually belongs to an item, so how do you think a line that does not have an item to display a serial number? Where are you supposed to get that serial number? That line without a serial number seems to be a text line that belongs to the first line, so you’ll have to explain which serial number you are expecting there.

I have a feeling though that Manish is not really talking about serial numbers as in Item Tracking serial numbers.

Let’s link these: http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=52826

Try

SNoTxt := ‘’;
IF SalesInvoiceLine.“No.” <> ‘’ THEN BEGIN
IF SNoTxt <> FORMAT(SNo) THEN BEGIN
SNo := SNo + 1;
SNoTxt := FORMAT(SNo);
END;
END;

Where SNoTxt is text type

Use SNoTxt in Sourceexpr

Thanks Denster.