Display User Profile of the current User in Report

Hi All,

Can you help me, Im new to reporting in NAV how can i display the user profile of the current user accessing the report

e.g

User ID: Bong Arevalo

Profile ID: Accounting Manager

Hope to hear from all of you soon, thanks

Hi Pong,

Could you please mention the version of your nav so that we can able to let u know…

its Navision 2013

For the USER ID you can use built-in [User ID] field (if you open report [Layout], under [Report Data] there is a section [Built-in Fields] - just drag the field to the section, where you need it.

For Profile ID you will have to add a new data item “User Personalization” in report designer and add the column with [“Profile ID”] field from this table (remember to perform appropriate record selection (“User Personalization”.SETRANGE(“User ID”, USERID) in “On Pre-Data Item” trigger to select the rigth row for current user. After that just open the report [Layout] and drag the field from [Datasets] collection of the [Report Data].

Regards,

Janis

hi Janis,

im currrently trying what youve said but i think i messed up on this part, sorry newbie here

how do i do

“(remember to perform appropriate record selection (“User Personalization”.SETRANGE(“User ID”, USERID) in “On Pre-Data Item” trigger to select the rigth row for current user”

Here in the data item, just add the field “Profile ID” to the columns.

Programm code need to be added in the C/AL editor - press F9 while cursor is on “User Personalization” data item and copy the following to “on pre-data item” trigger:
“User Personalization”.SETRANGE(“User Personalization”.“User ID”, USERID);
IF (“User Personalization”.FINDSET) THEN BEGIN
END;

Here in the data item, just add the field “Profile ID” to the columns.

Programm code need to be added in the C/AL editor - press F9 while cursor is on “User Personalization” data item and copy the following to “on pre-data item” trigger:
“User Personalization”.SETRANGE(“User Personalization”.“User ID”, USERID);
IF (“User Personalization”.FINDSET) THEN BEGIN
END;

is it possible to get the ProfileID just using the Report layout? and without adding any codes?