Display filterfields in report

I have designed a report with on the request form a datefilter, i.e. I created a qDatStartFilter and a qDatEndFilter which the user has to fill in (somehow I can’t manage to get the filter in one field of type Dateformula) The report is based on table 113 Sales Invoice Line and I enclose the Posting Date form the Sales Header in a variable called gDatPostingDate. It is that field on wich I filter the report with the above mentioned variables on the request form. Now I want to print both dates in the header of the report, so that the user can see wich period he has printed the report for. Anyone an idea? Groeten, Michiel Hageman ICT & quality manager PM Komponenten B.V. The Netherlands

Maybe a TextBox with that SourceExpression:

STRSUBSTNO('Period: %1..%2', qDatStartFilter, qDatEndFilter)

But what about this:- Create a new FlowField in T113 with a LookUp to the Posting Date of T112

• Now you can set a (more complex!) Filter directly on the Posting Date

• Finally print your period like this

STRSUBSTNO('Period: %1', "Sales Invoice Line".GETFILTER("Posting Date"))

Best regards, Jörg Joerg A. Stryk Apollo-Optik, IT/ERP

For additional examples, examine any of the standard Navision reports that show a filter at the top of the report. After looking at several of them you should be able to design to fit your own situation. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner