disconnecting BEEP in NF 2.01

Please can anyone tell me how to disable the BEEP in NF when a user enters a wrong search, or makes a mistake Thanks Gert van Dam

Just turn down the volume[:D]

We tried this but it didn’t work. We are now running NF in an XP enviroment, before this it ran under Windows 95. Under W’95 we didn’t have this problem Gert

Hi I’m not so familar with XP but perhaps you can disable the sounds in the control panel. bye André

We tried this but it didn’t work. Gert van Dam

Try this it should fix it up: **DisableBeep(Boolean):** Var: MyPC of File; Screwdriver of tools; Pliars of Tools; Const: Beep of Anoying Sound; Begin WHILE Screwdriver.Turning do MyPc.OPEN; UNTIL "I Can See The Beeper"; IF Beeper.VISIBLE then WITH Pliars DO TearItOutOfThere; end; You do not need the full C/SIDE developer to run this code. Good Luck[;)]

David, Thanks for your reply. I don’t understand how and were I can ran this code. Do I have to make a codeunit, report ?? Or do I have te import it in the application, Please can you give me further details. Greetings Gert van Dam

quote:

Originally posted by David Singleton
Try this it should fix it up: **DisableBeep(Boolean):** Var: MyPC of File; Screwdriver of tools; Pliars of Tools; Const: Beep of Anoying Sound; Begin WHILE Screwdriver.Turning do MyPc.OPEN; UNTIL "I Can See The Beeper"; IF Beeper.VISIBLE then WITH Pliars DO TearItOutOfThere; end; You do not need the full C/SIDE developer to run this code. Good Luck[;)]

[:D] LOL [:D] LOL [:D] … So, David, how do you get out of this? [:D]

Hi David, Thanks for the laughter, I tried a hammer instead. [:D] Gert

quote:

Originally posted by David Singleton

[:D]

quote:

Originally posted by gertvandam
… I tried a hammer instead.

In this case the code can be simlified a lot: DisableBeep(Boolean): Var: MyPC of File; Screwdriver of tools; Pliars of Tools; Const: Beep of Anoying Sound; Begin //WHILE Screwdriver.Turning do // MyPc.OPEN; //UNTIL "I Can See The Beeper"; //IF Beeper.VISIBLE then // WITH Pliars DO // TearItOutOfThere; WHILE CanHearBeep DO BeatTheC##POutOfPC; end; This will be a much cheaper solution for the client.

David, I’m sorry but this won’t work that well. I suggest we alter the code in: Var: MyPC of File; Screwdriver of tools; (sledge)hammer of Tools; As you can see, we are always willing to help at ‘Navision (Attain/Financials) - Tips & Tricked’ [;)] Gert

Problem solved. one user installed wrong drivers for his soundcard, and there was a ‘BEEP’ command in 5 codeuntis, which we use very frequent. I deactivated this ‘BEEP’ and the problem was solved. Gert[:I]

Hi Gert, How are you! Buzy in Navision as always I see… I could be very wrong here, but another customer of us also had a beep problem on Windows XP. Solution was connecting a new keyboard. Seems XP can’t handle old keyboards. Just a suggestion… could be way off!