Direct Posting to GL

Hi What is direct posting to General Ledger . I want to know why direct posting is required and where we can use direct posting. Thanks Harikesh

Hi, I hope this would help you. You post directly from journal or sales or purchase lines when you enter the number of the account you want to post to. An example of indirect posting is the automatic VAT entry (or entries) that appears in a receivables account when you post to a customer.

Hi Hrish, U can se this in the account card by tick/untick in the direct posting tab. Regards, DD

quote:

Originally posted by Rajeshj
Hi, I hope this would help you. You post directly from journal or sales or purchase lines when you enter the number of the account you want to post to. An example of indirect posting is the automatic VAT entry (or entries) that appears in a receivables account when you post to a customer.

Hi Harikesh, When “Direct Posting” is not selected, you can’t pass an entry to that A/c using Journals, i.e., posting is done only through the appropriate documents or only indirectly. Hope it helps. This is a functional issue and not a technical/development one. So please post in right forum.