Different Application version and Kernel Version

Hi all,

After applying one hotfix to AX 2012 R2, the kernel version changed to 6.2.1000.986 and the application version is still the same 6.2.158.0.

I want to know is this behaviour is normal or am i missing anything here. Also I want to know the difference between application version and kernel version.

Thanks in advance,

Arun.S

Is the hotfix a kernel hotfix? If yes then it is normal. However in few cases it happens that you upgrade to later roll-up version or install application hotfix and your application version does not change. You can go to the *\msi* folder of the roll-up/hotfix downloaded path and repair the ObjectServer32/ObjectServer64 msi file. Restart your AOS and launch AX client again.

The Dynamics AX Kernel is the component executing the X++ Application code. So the Kernel version is the version of the executable (Client, Server, Business Connectors) while the Application version is the version of the Dynamics AX “Business Logic” - the X++ Application code, Forms, Reports – everything in the AOT.

Thanks a lot Kiran.

How can we find out it is a kernel hotfix? and What do you meant by “later roll-up version”?

Regards,

Arun.S

Thanks a lot Kiran.

How can we find out it is a kernel hotfix? and

What did you mean by “later roll-up”?

• Arun.S

You can go through the hotfix description txt file for that info.

Later roll-up means the later/higher product version/update. Like upgrading from CU1 to CU3 or CU6 etc…