Difference between tables 2000000043 and 2000000044?

What would be the difference between these 2 tables (2000000043 and 2000000044), do they show exactley the samo information, and can they be used for ad-hoc determining the permissions for each object or range of objects?

Thanks

I assume you mean Table 2000000053 Windows Access Control and Table 2000000054 Windows Login

Windows Login creates a relationship with between the “SID” and “ID”. The “SID” is the unique identifier for a Windows Login. The “ID” is the value that goes into the USERID variable and is used by NAV’s User Setup table.

The Windows Access Control Table creates a relationship between the “SID” and the “Role ID”. Navision “Roles”.

The Table 2000000005 Permission contains relationships between NAV Roles and specific Read, Write, Modify permissions on SQL Tables.

So the tables do not contain the same information. They do define a relationship between Windows Users and specifc permissions on tables. The best way to control this is to create new Roles (2000000004) , makes sure the Roles have the permissions you want on the tables (2000000005), and then assign the roles to your Windows Users (2000000053).

I hope this helps.

No they are quite different. For sure you can get similar information from them, but they are presented differently.

2000000043 License Permission is basically a direct view of the granules you have purchased as seen in your flf file. So each record is a reference to particular range of objects within a granule purchased.

2000000044 Permission Range is a linear list of all the objects in the ranges shown by 43.

43 is most usefull when you are developing, and want to knwo which ranges are available for developement, since you really dont want to have to hunt down millions of numbers. So I normally use that table when I am manually reading (as in scannin with my eyes) the list of objects.

44 is most usefull for any programmed solution where you are usign code to scan. For example if you want to write a report that shows all objects in the customers license that have not been used. Also good to find hiden icenced objects that you didn’t (or the customer didn’t) know about.

The reason i asked this is because i wanted to be sure. Because i think i once saw that some objects weren’t in Permission Range table, but were in License Permission Table. Could that have happened? I like to use Permission Range for determining if some new object i wanted to make is indeed inside the license.

Anyway, thanks David.

Yes this is possible. Sometime when an old funcition or granule is deprecated, it could be removed from the license file. But due to grandfathering, the customer retains permission to the objects. This was the case with Item Groups, when the granule was removed, it no longer apeared ont he FLF file when you viewed the license from Navision, but the user still had permission to the Item Group Table and forms.

Yes, i think i had the similar problem.

Thanks.

Thanks for clearing that up, David. hmm… I wonder why I didn’t see those tables in my database…

Virtual tables are not visible in the Object designer.

to see them create a new Form, and drill down to tables, Then go to the end you will see them.

Also here is a list of NAV Virtual Tables.