difference between line and total discount?

HI,

First of all check Activate Price/discount form and select all check boxes to activate the pricing.

(AP>setup>Price/discount> Activate price/discount) OR (AR>setup>Price/discount> Activate price/discount)

1.After creating Customer Price/discount group and item discount group & close the forms.

2.Open sales order > Create new order … In the Price/Discount (tab- header) , specify Line discount group which you have created above.

1. In Sales order, Click on Trade agreements> Select Line discount form.

2. In Line discount form, mention Quantity as 20 and Discount as 10 … save it & close this form.

3. At bottom, select item, Quantity = 20, Price = 1500

Here you will see discount filed with 10 and Net amount will be : 29800. … You may say how i got 29800???

A> Quantity * Discount = 20 * 1500 = 30000

B> Discount 10 on Quantity of 20 … >>> it means , 10 * 20 = 200…

Note: In the Line discount form in the Discount field we mentioned 10 … it means 10 discount on “EACH ITEM”.

C> Now deduct , 30000 - 200 = 29800.

Try this example. i hope you will do it now.

_

Sarathy

Dear Sarathy

I had done all steps in the sequence you mentioned but the problem regarding net amount is still unsolved.

Artata

Hi,

I don’t know where your getting wrong. I gave you step by step process.

Small mistake happening. No prob. check again & try again… some where you u will get a clue.

Sarathy

Thanks a lot dear

Hi Sarathy

As far as I checked the issue may be due to dimensions in Trade agreement and Item Details in SO.is their any possibility of this?

Artata

No,

there is no relationship between dimensions or TA. Dimensions are the item dimensions like size,color,configuration.

Did you checked all the Check boxes in Activate Price/Discount form (all tabs - Price, Line , Multiline and Total discount tabs).

Did you assigned the line discount group at ITEM form ??? In the Price/Discount (tab) ???

Check these settings.

Sarathy

Hi

Did you mean item details>price/discount tab>line group ?

I had post about ten invoices with different setups but not a single one worked.

Artata