Difference Between Employee & Worker

Hi,

Anybody knows the difference between employee and worker in AX2012?

The employee/ worker seems is shared across all the companies. How to create a company speficied employee?

Thanks,

Alice

Hi Lee,

Employees/worker will be shared across organization. You can limit a worker role in a legal entity. On the roles section, there is a option for assign organization. You can use that feature such that worker’s role in other legal entity is limited to system user only.

Request admin to to move this thread to AX section.

Pranav…

Hi Lee,

Worker can mean all types of employees (example currently employed, past employed personnel, contractors etc).

I believe ‘LegalEntity’ field in HcmEmployment determines which company the employee belongs to.

Hi,

Then, where can i see the list of worker for only company A?

Thanks,

Lee

Wow i just looked at your question by accident and spent an hour looking for the answer. I was not able to find it. Unbelievable. Sucha a simple thing but it doesn’t exist.

Did you find anything? Please let me know. I would really like to know the answer to your question.

Thanks

It seems that Worker is a generalization of employees and contractors, so it’s one level higher than employee.

Worker
|

| |
Contractor Employee

Hi Lee,

I am facing the same issue in one of my project.

Background: We are implementing Human resource module for one of our client. This is a multicompany implementation.

Product: MS AX 2012.

Issue : Currently, Employee data (Human resource worker) of one company is visible in other companies.

Employee (Human resource workers) must be company specific and should only be visible in respective company not in other companies.

Expected Solution: Employee must be company specific and should only be visible in respective company. No user from other company can see employees of other company.

If you find the solution please let me know…

Thanks…

Hi,

I am not sure. But I think this cannot be done by using standard AX2012 feature anymore. So, how do you handle this?

Thanks

In AX2012, the worker list is a shared table/list/form. The design principle is that workers participate in cross-company processes - and that goes beyond HR processes, such as procurement approval, budgeting, project accounting, etc.

So what do you do when faced with a requirement to restrict data by legal entity?

Typically, if the requirement is as simple as HR users not wanting their view of the worker list clouded by other worker records outside their sphere of influence (by that I mean legal entity for example), then a simple solution is to create filtered list views. The filtered list can be saved as their default view of the Worker list by linking it to the role profiles (also separate for each legal entity HR user group) of less AX-savvy users.

For more complex requirements where HR users (and all other users) must not have access to worker records outside their sphere of influence, then solutions based on XDS (eXtensible Data Security), Data Restriction and/or Role Profile (security) configuration should be considered. However, before this sort of option is taken, it must be validated by the business that no operation or business process would be compromised by the restriction.

I hope this provides a useful answer.

You would use partitions for this, however if you have intercompany requirements between the two companies you cannot use partitions :slight_smile:

The “Employee form” showcases the list of active current employees, who are still working under the legal Entity(ies). The “worker form” showcases all the list of workers including contractors, current active employees and terminated employees. Both forms are shareable and they can be accessed through different legal entities too.