Depreciation on Fixed Asset

Hi,

I want to calculate depreciation on Fixed Asset.

Multiple acquisition has been done for Fixed Asset.

When I run depreciation proposal, system is not taking acquisition dates in to consideration and providing full year depreciation.!!

Can anybody help me which set up check is required to be done in this case to have depreciation for exact number of days from which it is put for use.??

Thanks,

Jainal

Hi,

Check with depreciation profile and depreciation run date.

Probably there is some setup problem with depreciation profile.

Pranav…

Hi,

I checked all set ups in FA but not sure which one is exactly missing.!!

I am running depreciation for last date of each month but in some assets it is only calculating for end of the year date and not any other date.

Can you be more specific for any crucial set up.!

Jainal

Hi,

Check the interval in depreciation profile.

Pranav…

Thanks Pranav,

I changed ‘period frequency’ and make it fiscal period instead of yearly and now getting 12 lines for the whole year month wise.

Jainal

Thanks Pranav,

I changed ‘period frequency’ and make it fiscal period instead of yearly and now getting 12 lines for the whole year month wise.

Jainal

Hi Pranav,

I am calculating depreciation for the FA which is purchase on say 15th May,2011.

Now I want to calculate depreciation starting from that date. So system should calculate depreciation for 322 days ending on 31st March,2012.

But I can see that it is calculating depreciation month wise and not day wise.!

Can you please tell me how to calculate depreciation day wise.!?

thanks,

Jainal

Hi,

You mean to say that the depreciation is getting calculated for 31 days in May?

If that is the case, check the depreciation run date. System calculates depreciation starting from depreciation run date. So enter 15 May as depreciation run date and recheck the depreciation proposal.

Pranav…

Hi Pranav,

Depreciation is getting calculated from 15th May onwards. That is fine.

My problem is system is calculating month wise depreciation & not day wise.

To be more clear on this, if depreciation is 1,20,000 for the year in above case then monthly depreciation comes 10,000.

Now system is calculating 5,000 for the month of May ( as 15th is the date) and 10,000 * 10 months for the rest year comes 1,05,000.

whereas I want to calculate for 322 days. like ( 1,20,000 * 322 / 366 ) comes 1,05,574.

So can you help me how to calculate day wise.!?

Thanks,

Jainal

Hi Jainal,

What is the depreciation profile?

System calculates depreciation depreciation based on service life/depreciation periods as the net impact at the year end is same.

In AX, we don’t have feature of force no. of depreciation days (like in NAV) wherein you can change no. of depreciation days.

There is one alternative, for this period, post a manual voucher depreciating asset with the adjustment value. If you run depreciation proposal next time, it will consider updated NBV. try this on test before doing on production.

Pranav…

If you want to calculate depreciation each day wise, then you need to mark thiland config key in the configuration and you will get days wise depreciation option in depreciation profile, select that and then day wise depreciation will be calculated.

regards

Rajesh Kumar Sharma

Thanks Rajesh,

I tried Thailand version for calculating depreciation day wise.

I am getting error while attaching depreciation profile to depreciation book as depreciation book not accepting ‘daily’ method.

Can you please throw some more light on the same for further help.?

Thanks,

Jainal

Dear Rajesh,

Good day for you.

Does the mark thiland config key to calculate depreciation each day wise , works for AX2012, I tried it in 2009 & works fine ,

But in 2012 I couldn’t find the daily option in the period frequancy list when choose Calender for depreciation profile setup screen , please advice

BR,

Mohamed Salah

Hi Jainal,

In AX 2012 you will not find any direct process to set-up the daily depreciation on Fixed Assets. You need to follow some work around process.

check the PDF file : http://www.parthac.in/?page_id=9 ; I have tried to get some work around process for the same.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Partha Chowdhury

Hi Partha,

Thanks for the reply. I will test as per pdf and let you know.

Thanks,

Jainal

Hi Prtha,

I’m having the same issue with multiple aquisations on a fixed assets that it calculates pr month,

Can you supply me with youre document.

Thanks,

Willem