Deploy DacPac error while trying to install Connector for Microsoft Dynamics through Microsoft Dynamics Ax 2012 R3 setup.

Hi All,

While trying to install connector for Microsoft Dynamics through Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 setup file, I get below mentioned error in the log file.

Product: Connector for Microsoft Dynamics – DeployDacPac threw an exception: Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac.DacServicesException: Could not deploy package. —> Microsoft.Data.Tools.Schema.Sql.Deployment.DeploymentFailedException: Unable to connect to target server. at Microsoft.Data.Tools.Schema.Sql.Deployment.SqlDeploymentEndpointServer.OnInit(ErrorManager errors, String targetDBName) at Microsoft.Data.Tools.Schema.Sql.Deployment.SqlDeployment…ctor(SqlDeploymentConstructor constructor) at Microsoft.Data.Tools.Schema.Sql.Deployment.SqlDeploymentConstructor.ConstructServiceImplementation() at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac.DacServices.CreatePackageToDatabaseDeployment(String connectionString, IPackageSource packageSource, String targetDatabaseName, DacDeployOptions options, ErrorManager errorManager) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac.DeployOperation.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__0(Object operation, CancellationToken token) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac.Operation.Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac.IOperation.Run(OperationContext context) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac.ReportMessageOperation.Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac.IOperation.Run(OperationContext context) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac.OperationExtension.CompositeOperation.Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac.IOperation.Run(OperationContext context) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac.OperationExtension.CompositeOperation.Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac.IOperation.Run(OperationContext context) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac.DeployOperation.Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac.IOperation.Run(OperationContext context) — End of inner exception stack trace — at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac.DeployOperation.Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac.IOperation.Run(OperationContext context) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac.OperationExtension.Execute(IOperation operation, Action2 reportStatus, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac.DacServices.InternalDeploy(IPackageSource packageSource, Boolean isDacpac, String targetDatabaseName, DacDeployOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac.DacServices.Deploy(DacPackage package, String targetDatabaseName, Boolean upgradeExisting, DacDeployOptions options, Nullable1 cancellationToken) at Microsoft.Dynamics.Integration.Install.CustomActions.CrmAdapterCustomActions.<>c__DisplayClass1.b__0() at Microsoft.Dynamics.Integration.Install.CustomActions.Utility.TryCustomAction(Session session, String customActionName, Func`1 action)

The above mentioned error is related to DAC package or SQLPackage.exe which I came to know after reading many blogs. But these are related to SQL and I have no idea how to resolve this.

This error occurs while its trying to create MSDI database for Microsoft dynamics CRM and AX integration. Have also checked with permissions and things seems to be fine in this aspect.

Kindly, help.

Thanks,

Karan

Karan, were you able to resolve this error? I am seeing it as well.

The error says “Unable to connect to target server”, therefore you should look for connection problems (such as blocked ports).

Martin, it is a test, all in one install. I am on the database server, the installer account is in the sysAdmin role.

community.dynamics.com/…/connector-for-microsoft-dynamics-now-supports-microsoft-sql-server-2014-and-microsoft-dynamics-ax-2012-r3

The connector installation included in the AX2012 R3 media is not the version required for integration using SQL 2014. I ran a downloaded version 3.4.303.1. The install completed, but I have not yet finished the configuration to test.