Demand Planning & Forecating - AX2012 R2 Vs R3

Hi all,

Do we have a Demand forecasting tool in AX2012 R2? Do we have a full demand Planning in AX2012 R2? I know that we should have something in AX2012 R3 but I’m wondering what exactly do we have in terms of Planning and Forecasting in R2 that is different thant R3. More details will be appreciated as I am a little confuse. Thanks

Within AX there is no real difference. R3 is the export of the forecast into Excel and SSAS using SharePoint that eventually is imported.

Thanks Adam for that clarification. in R2, please can you explain at a high level how demand planning & forecasting is working? I want to be able to see if the system will actually does what I want. Is there any documentation about it? I’m not able to see that in my current configuration in R2. thanks

It is the same as AX2009, it is the forecast - that is what it is, the demand forecast, they renamed it demand forecasting because of the SSAS logarithmic application to data. In R2 you enter a forecast and then configure planning to look at it.

Thanks Adam. Is there any documentation for that? I’m trying to find one but i’m not able to do so even on the partner source.