Deleting of Entry in Item Class Journal

Good morning All,

I am a user of Dynamics NAV and wants to know about deleting of entry passed using item class journal. I am a user who has access to limited functions meaning only to pass of journal entry for inventory related function. I have told that any entry pass using item journal or item class cannot be deleted. what if 2 entries has been passed for one Lot of food/juice pack and system did not alert for no inventory for related Lot. Can one entry be deleted and if so using what option from Role Centre. The entry deleted will have any affected anywhere.

Further I would also like to know trial version of Dynamics Nav and Educational Videos on various function of ERP.

Best Wishes,

Libru

Hello,

I want to make sure I follow you… You created an Item Journal for an Item that had or did not have a Lot. If one of the entries was trying to use a Lot that you did not have or forgot to include someone made a mistake and you want to correct. If you have access to the Item Journal, you can correct this entry by using a Positive or Negative Adjustment type entry and reversing the incorrect entry and then recording it correctly.

One thing to mention… there is no ability to delete an entry because the Item Ledger Entries, Item Application Entries, and Value Entries were generated along with G/L Entry postings. The integration of multiple historical Table records cannot be deleted directly from these ledger. The only option would be to do a reversing posting by posting a Negative Adjustment and Positive Adjustment in the Item Journal.

As far as Lot No., is the Item Tracking code set to use Lot Specific Tracking? If Lot Specific Tracking is used, then there should be no negative quantity posting allowed.

Track Items with Serial, Lot, and Package Numbers - Business Central | Microsoft Docs

Dynamics NAV does not have a Trail version like Business Central. When you install Dynamics NAV it has a play Company CRONUS you should have access too. As for educational videos, there are many that others have created out there and you can find them via search ‘Dynamics NAV videos’. I am not sure the version you are on but if you are looking for a manual please advise the version so I can send one.

Thanks,

Steve

Dear Steve,

Thanks for the reply and also for the information. Yes we use track item using the Lot No and usually system alert if there no inventory for particular item. However, there is one instance where pop up did not appear and movement was done twice for one lot using item class journal. we make use of item class journal for to classify stage of productions. We received stock, and before we get final product it has to pass through stages. like QC pass, Despatch etc

Also, I had seen a reply posted for similar answer and reply was like this " Go to Item journal Table (83) and delete the records from the table "

What is table 83… ?

best wishes,

Libru

Libru,

Table 83 is the Item Journal Line table. This is the table where Item Journals are entered before posted. One question, you state Item Class Journal. I know of the Item Reclass. Journal but I have never heard of the Item Class Journal. Maybe you can send a screen shot of it.

Thanks,

Steve

steve.docx (286 KB)

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the late reply. I am attaching the screen shot as requested and they are in word document. The fist screen shot shows the item class journal which we used to change the status of inventory item that was kept on hold in purchase order and after it is certified by QC team another reason code is created called QC passed indicating that particular batch has moved from hold status to qc passed status and further it will pass to production stage and down further dispatch stage . we make use of item tracking based on the batch No.

The second screen shot shows that a particular batch has moved twice from hold position to QC passed and surprising dynamics neither not alerted the user while passing the entry nor refused to accept the entry. you can see 2 journal entries passed for one batch.

Do let me know if you need more info

Best Wishes,

Libru

Libru,

It might be faster to connect via Teams to work thru this. Here is my email so send me an email with a few days and time to email back an invite and we can work together to solve.

Thanks,

Steve